We are New Westminster’s ONLY Low Stress Handling Certified dog daycare!
Benefits of LOW CAPACITY group dog care:
Our clients benefit from a staff educated in Pet First Aid and even more importantly, in the science behind dog behaviour so that we can facilitate a safely managed, low-stress group environment for them 24/7! We offer mental as well as physical stimulation with constant play monitoring, 2-3 “nap times” per day to avoid over-stimulation and high stress levels. At Mindful Mutts we offer pee breaks outside, one-at-a-time, every 1-3 hours.
For new visitors and those that are a little fearful, we use pheromones and calming music created just for mutts to help them relax and get accustomed to the environment.
For clients looking for boarding, we prioritize our daycare clients since space is limited and it’s easier on our staff as well as the dog if we already have a report and a routine. We will need to have your dog visit a minimum of one time (for their trial day) and depending on how things go, we may ask for a few more leading up to the date. Please note the March, August and December are all PEAK seasons and as such there are no discounts and very limited availability. Booking 1-3 months in advance is highly recommended!
Becoming a client:
If you’d like to become a client, please fill out our online enrollment form above and we will get back to you within 2 business days to place you on a wait list for a meet and greet if appropriate. We will refer you to a better suited environment with a colleague if we don’t think it will be a good fit. After the meet and greet we may schedule a trial day, this helps up get to know your dog and understand their needs and if they truly enjoy being in our group environment. We will send you an emailed assessment about your dogs day within 1 business day, this will give you a better understanding about how your dogs day went and whether or not they are approved for daycare.
**PLEASE NOTE: 305 Cedar Street in Sapperton, New West currently has a wait-list of 8-12 months. We are only accepting clients at 9 Sixth Street, Downtown New West at this time. Only those accepted and regularly attending the Downtown New West location will be placed on the wait-list. Thank you for understanding!**
NamaSTAY and play a while 😉
✌🏽 ❤️ 🐶
- 20 days: $450 plus GST: expires in 90 days (priority given for daily daycare)
- 10 days: $260 plus GST: expires in 60 days
- 5 days: $145 plus GST: expires in 60 days
- Single day drop-in: $31 plus GST
- FIRST DAY $40- receive a comprehensive emailed assessment within one business day of your dog’s trial day. It will explain whether they were accepted into group care with us, how to schedule, and any recommendations such as new harness requirements or training suggestions. If your dog is not a fit for group care, it will be noted with our recommendations for alternative pet care services, including ours if we are able to accommodate.
- At Stefania’s or approved Wrangler’s home: $55 per 24 hour period
- In your home with an approved wrangler: $65 per 24 hour period
- $31 charge for extra time over 24 hours
- $15 fee for holidays
- $10 weekend fee for drop off or pick up on Sundays and during peak season*.
*Peak Season: March, August, December
Hours of Operation
A Max of 12-15 dogs are welcomed each day at our Sapperton location, preset days are highly recommended!
305 Cedar Street, New West (Sapperton) :
Monday to Friday: 7am to 7pm
Drop-off is from 7am to 10am
Pick-up is from 3pm to 7pm
Saturday: 10am to 6pm
Drop-off is from 10 to 11am
Pick-up is 3pm to 6pm
Holidays: Hours will vary and will be announced as-needed via social media
9 Sixth Street, Downtown New Westminster:
A Max of 18-21 dogs are welcomed each day at our Downtown New West location, preset days are highly recommended!
Monday to Friday: 6:30am to 7pm
Drop-off is from 6:30am to 10am
Pick-up is 3pm to 7pm
Weekends and Holidays: CLOSED
- $10 plus GST extra for Sunday pick up/ drop off and $15 plus GST for statutory holidays on all packages/drop-ins
- $10/15 min plus GST extra before and after hours of operations listed above, + $1/min thereafter payable at pick-up or billable monthly
- Nail Trims: $20
- Ear Cleaning: $10
- Brushing $10/15 mins